Being sedentary is currently more prevalent than ever. Research suggests that adults spend on average 39 hours per week being sedentary, which means not being physically active and being in the same position for an extended period of time.
Those who work in an office type setting will spend about 22 hours per week in a seated position. Prolonged sitting inevitably leads to bad posture and slouching, which can in turn lead to muscle soreness and pain.
Ideally, it is recommended to change positions every 30 minutes to avoid these aches and pains. However, this is not always feasible in an office job. This is where posture correctors become useful and investing in a good quality one can be beneficial.
Our top pick: ComfyMed Posture Corrector Brace
The ComfyMed Posture Corrector Brace comes as a great alternative to our two options above. Its greatest strength is the simple design that allows you to easily put it on by yourself.
Ideal to use for the prevention of cervical and thoracic conditions, this brace is useful for anyone with a sedentary lifestyle or who sits for extended periods of time.
Adjustable and breathable, this posture corrector also comes with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Adjustable size and unisex design.
- Comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Patented hybrid design (lightweight and allows freedom of movement).
- Some users find the fabric has an odd smell.
Tomight Adjustable Back Brace
Tomight is a great posture corrector for both men and women, helping you correct rounded shoulders as well as neck and shoulder pain. It promotes long-term muscle memory and offers spinal support to users with chest size from 63.5 to 127 cm.
It’s also invisible under clothes and comes with two detachable armpit pads designed for all-day comfort. Easy to use when working or training, this is likely the best posture corrector you will come across.
- Made from breathable Neoprene material.
- Invisible under clothes.
- One-size-fits-all design.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- The brace usage instructions could be clearer.
- The brace usage instructions could be clearer.
- Some users have reported needing help from another person to put on.
Fitsupport Adjustable Posture Corrector
If you don’t have any specific health issues and are looking for an affordable product to help you with vague annoyances, the Fitsupport Adjustable Posture Corrector could be the right one for you.
This back brace can help you to correct bad posture and provide cervical protection. Lightweight, breathable, and comfy to wear, this back brace offers true aid at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Ideal for reducing shoulder or back pain.
- Adjustable size.
- Breathable mesh on back and shoulders.
- Some users feel the shoulder straps are a bit too narrow.
VANWALK Adjustable Back Posture Corrector
Another promising posture corrector is this one by VANWALK. Made from a breathable and skin-friendly material, it’s fully adjustable and suitable for the whole family.
Its main advantage is the air holes on the sponge, which makes it comfy to wear even during summer. The backpack design also makes it easy to put on by yourself.
Last but not least, there is a lifetime replacement warranty with this product.
- Strong shoulder straps ensure comfort.
- Soft sponge material is gentle on skin.
- Stylish and functional design.
- Lifetime warranty.
- May not be suitable for larger users (in terms of fit and difficulty in putting it on)
Upright Fight Posture Corrector
Last but not least, this discreet posture corrector from Upright Fight is another excellent choice for most users. It’s slightly costlier than other options on this list, but its quality pays off.
It helps fight back pain and fits snugly under your clothes. Adjustable straps ensure suitability for both men and women, and we also like the premium material that provides comfortable tightness.
- Comfortable to wear underneath clothes.
- Comes with soft underarm pads.
- Muscle memory building brace.
- Some users find it less comfortable than expected.
How To Choose A Back Brace Posture Corrector
A posture corrector is a medical device that assists in keeping good posture by limiting rounding of the shoulders and slouching. By doing so, this decreases pressure on the neck, shoulders and upper back. In order to choose a good posture corrector, certain criteria must be met, such as:
- Fit: Your back brace must provide some level of compression and support, but should always remain comfortable for your body type. It shouldn’t feel too tight at the chest or under your armpits when wearing it. You should never feel like your circulation is being cut off in your arms or that your breathing is compromised.
- Materials: It’s also advisable to get a posture corrector that is made from breathable and lightweight materials. Remember that you will most likely be wearing it for an extended period of time to help you stay upright. Materials like neoprene as well as features like air pockets can help keep you comfortable.
- Ease of use: Posture correctors are normally designed to wrap around your body, but this shouldn’t be too complicated. Try to select one that you can easily put on for your body type and that fits your needs. The easier it is to put on, the more you feel motivated to use it on a daily basis.