A car phone holder can be an extremely useful accessory if you drive often or are planning a long road trip.
It allows you to use your phone as a navigation system and enables hands-free communication while you’re driving.
The only issue is that with so many models on the market, it can be hard to find the best one for your needs.
Luckily, we did the hard part for you, researching and rating some of the most popular car phone holders in the country.
Our top pick: UGREEN Air Vent Car Phone Holder
The UGREEN Air Vent Car Phone Holder is our favourite phone holder thanks to its great design, ease of use, and solid build quality.
You only have to read the reviews of this product to see why it’s one of the most popular car phone holders in the country.
It mounts securely on any horizontal air vents and is compact enough not to disturb you in any way while driving.
Extensive compatibility is ensured by its cradle style and universal design. It fits all 4-inch to 6-inch screen size mobile phones.
Made from high-quality alloy metal and padded with silicone mats, this gravity mount will not only hold your smartphone securely, but will also keep it safe from scratches.
- Unique cutout for the phone charger cable
- Clips and locks your device automatically, for secure holding
- Compatible with most smartphones
- It only works in portrait mode due to its gravity structure
Runner up: Wuteku Car Phone Holder
Minimalistic and sleek, the Wuteku Car Phone Holder truly deserves consideration if you’re in the market for a phone holder.
It is a fully magnetic dashboard holder designed for universal compatibility.
Its powerful neodymium magnets can hold even heavier phones in either portrait or landscape position regardless of the bumps on the road.
Due to the lack of arms, you can even use it for your car GPS or any other device.
- Easy to mount and take off your phone with just one hand
- Compatible with all smartphones and other small devices
- Strong adhesive mounts
- The adhesive may not stick to some dashboard types
CaseMe Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount
If you want a highly versatile car phone holder, but you’re shopping on a budget, check out the CaseMe Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder.
This magnetic car mount fixes to your car’s dashboard and has universal compatibility with all smartphones.
Thanks to its highly flexible joint rotation, you can even set it in a perfect, customised position, whether it’s portrait or landscape.
Furthermore, you can even mount and remove your phone instantly with just one hand, for a safer driving experience.
- Sticks to all car dashboards
- Available in dashboard and air vent mounting options
- Ultra-compact design
- It may not stick properly to some dashboards
Qi Wireless Car Charger Mount
Next on our list of the best car phone holders, the Qi Wireless Car Charger Mount is ideal for the tech geeks who can’t withstand the idea of a drained battery.
It supports two kinds of charging for selected iPhone, Samsung, and Nexus smartphones.
Mounting versatility is ensured by the extra-strong suction cup and air vent mount that allows you to place it on a windshield, dashboard, or air conditioner outlet.
- Multiple mounting options
- Holder compatible with most smartphones
- Doubles as a wireless charger for selected smartphones
- The charger function may not be fully reliable
VeeVee Car Phone Holder
Another car phone holder we recommend is this one from VeeVee. It mounts on your windshield and is extremely versatile.
It comes with a 360° rotation flexible arm that allows you to find the perfect angle of view.
It also mounts with a super-sticky gel pad rather than a traditional suction cup, an option that enhances its stability throughout the ride.
- Gel pad provides better adherence on either windshield or dashboard
- Compatible with most smartphones
- Easy to rotate at the desired angle
- Some users complained about the spring mechanism losing its strength
RELATED: The Best Screen Protector
How To Choose A Car Phone Holder
Picking a car phone holder should start with analyzing the interior of your car to see which type of holder fits better. You can choose from the following styles:
- Suction cup holders: Can be mounted either on the windshield or on your dashboard. They are versatile, allowing you two installation methods, but they can be difficult to install securely. Some suction cups may also hold better than others.
- Air vent holders: These are the most common type. They attach to the blades of the air vents in your car and don’t obstruct your vision in any way. However, they tend to work better with rectangular vents, and your phone may overheat when the heat is on.
- CD slot holders: Similar to air vent holders, but mount on the CD slot of your car’s stereo. You won’t be able to use the CD player once the holder is mounted, but this shouldn’t really be an issue in this era.
Another essential thing to check before buying is the holder’s compatibility with your phone. For instance, magnetic holders may be a better choice for larger phones than cradle holders.
Most manufacturers specify the compatibility of their product, so it should be quite easy to figure out which one to buy.
RELATED: The Best Motorcycle GPS
There are many great car phone holders out there, but our favourite is the UGREEN Air Vent. We like that it mounts on the air vents and holds your device securely. It is compatible with all phones with a screen size between 4 and 6 inches.
You won’t be able to hold your phone in landscape mode due to the holder’s gravity design, but you’ll still be able to use the GPS in portrait mode and without worrying that it will fall.
It also comes at a price that won’t break the bank; no doubt, one of the best car phone holders you can find.