Planning a family trip is all fun and games until you realise the stroller is too bulky.
If you want to navigate through crowded airports and popular attractions with ease, you need a good quality travel stroller.
These buggies are usually smaller and lighter than regular prams, so they are easier to transport.
But because your baby comes first, they must also be comfortable and safe. Finding a stroller that fits the bill is far from easy, but luckily, we’ve done most of the hard work for you.
After the reviews below we discuss the key things to look out for when choosing your travel stroller.
Our top pick: Baby Jogger City Mini GT2
The Baby Jogger brand is renowned globally for the innovative strollers they produce. Their line of products is designed for busy parents who live in big cities, and all their strollers are lightweight, compact, and easy to fold up.
From all those on the market, the City Mini GT is perhaps the best travel stroller you can get your hands on. This pram is compact and suitable for both babies and toddlers.
It comes with all-terrain wheels, an ultra-comfy seat, and an adjustable handlebar designed to fit your height.
It even has a hand-operated parking brake so that you can stop it easily whenever you want.
- Near flat recline seat promotes passenger comfort
- Multi-position SPF50+ sun canopy
- Sturdy all-terrain wheels with front wheel suspension
- Compatible with car seat adapter, converts into a travel system
- The seat is not reversible, so the baby will not face you
Also great: Baby Jogger City Tour 2
The Baby Jogger City Tour is another compact stroller ideal for travel.
It is lightweight and stylish, ideal for pushing on your daily adventures, either while navigating the urban jungle or anywhere else on your journeys.
The stroller is easy to maneuver thanks to the swivelling wheels and is easy to fold with just one hand. It also meets the carry-on requirements so you can easily take it on a plane.
- The stroller measures only 56cm x 45cm x 23cm when folded and is accepted as a carry-on
- Sturdy, all-terrain wheels
- Multi-recline seat for different levels of comfort
- The seat could be too shallow for some babies
Safety 1st Nook Compact Stroller
This lightweight and compact stroller from Safety 1st is ideal for travel and designed to accommodate babies and toddlers alike. It has a nice weight of only 6.5 kg and can support up to 17 kg.
Multiple position recline ensures suitability for babies of all ages, while the one-hand self-standing fold system will help you collapse the pram while you’re holding the kid in one arm.
The stroller features a large shopping basket and comes with a carry bag for travel.
- Lockable and removable wheels
- Antibacterial fabrics
- Large canopy and breathable mesh vent
- Reversible seat liner
- May feel a bit bulky
Mountain Buggy Nano V2 Travel Stroller
Truly compact and stylish, the Mountain Buggy Nano is a superb travel stroller to consider.
Just like the City Tour, it folds to carry-on dimensions and can accompany you on public transport, being it a train, bus, or plane.
Built-in rear wheel suspension ensures smooth rides on all terrains.
It is also easy to fold and unfold, and it turns into a travel system for infants if paired with the Mountain Buggy car seat.
- Travel system and second child accommodation options
- Lightweight and compact enough to fit into carry-on luggage units
- Suitable for babies from birth up to 20 kg
- Some may find the brake pedal inconveniently located and easy to step on while strolling
BabyZen YoYo Plus Pram
The last entry on our list of the best travel stroller in Australia, the BabyZen YoYo Plus Pram can easily meet all your travel needs.
It folds surprisingly compact and fits easily into carry-on luggage units; it’s also lightweight and easy to carry. It also comes with a shoulder strap for easier navigating into airports or train stations.
Your baby will have all the comfort you can expect from a quality stroller.
A large canopy and padded seat with 5-point harness will keep your little one safe and sound in all circumstances.
- One-hand folding and unfolding
- Convertible to travel system with included new-born basinet
- Four-wheel suspension
- Soft-drive system ensures smooth rides on all terrains
- This stroller is quite expensive
Features To Look For In A Travel Stroller
Choosing a travel stroller can be a challenging task. This piece of gear must address both your baby’s and your needs.
Here are some essential things to check before buying:
- Comfort: The main need a stroller must address is your baby’s comfort. Infants and toddlers may not love travelling as much as you do, and an uncomfortable seat or harness may make them even grumpier. Go for a pram with multiple recline positions and a padded seat that can keep your kid comfy during long rides.
- Size: Compactness is the way to go. Not only it will be easier to maneuver it in crowded or tight spaces, but you’ll also find it easier to fit in trains or busses. Also, check the size when folded, and make sure it complies with airline or train carry-on requirements.
- Weight: You need a very lightweight stroller. Some of the best travel strollers can weigh as little as 6 kg, and even at this weight, they will still feel like a burden when you’ll also have other luggage to carry.
- Folding system: Get a stroller with a simple folding system. You should be able to fold and unfold the buggy using only one hand; a stand-alone model can also be a lifesaver on most occasions.
The City Mini GT is undoubtedly our favourite travel stroller. This lightweight pram helps you navigate crowded spaces with incredible ease, and it’s compact enough to fit seamlessly through doorways.
It’s also comfortable for babies. It has a wide seat and large canopy, making your little one feel like royalty.
All-terrain wheels and a hand-operated parking brake boost ease of use and comfort, and you can even turn it into a travel system if you use it with a universal car seat adapter. No doubt, all you need for no-frills family adventures.