Travel Wallets can be the best way to maintain easy access to travel essentials such as passports, boarding passes and other essential documents while on the road.
These space-saving organisers securely protect valuable travel accessories and can help reduce the stress of long-haul travel.
However, with so many options on the market, it can be hard to find the product that is right for your specific needs.
In this article, we break down everything from RFID protection to functionality and style to help you find the travel wallet that will be the best fit for your next trip.
Our top pick: Kathmandu Departure RFIDtech Wallet
The perfect size for the space-saving, security-conscious traveller who needs space for all travel essentials without skimping on compactness.
Two safe RFIDtech pockets and carefully planned sleeves and slots make for security and accessibility on the go.
- Two RFIDtech secure areas
- Several card slots
- Extra inner compartments for cash or tickets
- Depth of cash slot could be improved
- May be too slim to hold many documents
Also great: Multifunctional Passport Holder And Travel Wallet
This impressive travel wallet is the most durable of the family travel wallet options.
Tear-resistant high quality PVC fabric also features RFID blocking for durability and protection of personal information against identity thieves.
Organise travel essentials with pouches and slots for cards, passports, tickets, boarding passes, cash, invoices, and mobile phones as well as a removable keychain and a pen holder.
- RFID safe
- Ultra-large capacity has compartments for passports, tickets, documents, pen and cash
- Waterproof and durable
- Passport compartments could be bigger
- 25cm length may be too long for some
Best value: P.Travel Family Passport Wallet
Specifically notable as a secure RFID Blocking Credit Card Wallet, this product is designed for both men and women.
It’s ideal for families or groups, with room enough for 4 passports, 5 credit cards, mobile phone, and boarding passes.
With 2 zip pockets, cash, keys, and small items such as USB and SIM, are safe and accessible.
Talking accessibility, a handy front pouch keeps your quick-access travel essentials on hand, such as airline ticket or and boarding pass.
Made from environmentally friendly Oxford cotton, it’s both durable and stylish.
- Great value for money
- Holds multiple passports
- Perfect for families or groups
- A little bulky
- Only one vertical zip rather than multiple compartments
Defway Travel Wallet
The size belies the capacity, and it offers RFID blocking technology. All important in today’s travel world.
Great for families, with plenty enough room for more than one person’s travel essentials. It offers 4 pouches for passports and 6 smaller slots for cards, 1 pocket for small items and cash as well as a handy pen slot.
With a stylish denim look and pleasant feel, the removable wristlet can be removed and the compact bag carried inside another bag.
- Multifunctional compartment for ultimate organisation
- Conveniently removable keychain
- May be considered too slim for family purposes
- Design is quite basic
Pacsafe V50 Anti-Theft Travel Wallet
Features a choice of lock and anti-theft solutions, including a wire-reinforced webbing strap secured to wrist or belt loop, RFID blocking material, an external zippered cash pouch, and an elastic band for closing.
The detachable wrist strap tightens to the wearer’s wrist when snatched or accidentally dropped. Cards and notes are well organised with a double note slot and 5 card slots including the mesh slot.
- RFID safe
- Slim wallet includes 5 card slots and 1 mesh slot for ID
- External zippered coin pocket
- Security enhancing removable strap
- Belt loop strap may be too big for some people
- Credit card slots could be more snug
Travel Wallets And Passport Holders Buyer’s Guide
Whether it’s a long weekend away or a lengthy stay in Europe, you want a travel wallet or passport holder that is secure, durable, lightweight, and does the job it’s supposed to.
First off, let us make sure we have an understanding of the difference between travel wallets and passport holders.
What Is A Travel Wallet?
Travel wallets are also known as travel document holders or travel document organisers.
Travel wallets are a little bigger than passport holders, with extra storage capacity and space.
Travel wallets typically feature a pouch or separate pockets for a passport and travel documents.
What Is A Passport Holder?
A passport holder can best be described as a book cover or book jacket for a passport.
The passport holder provides protection against damage and wear and tear.
In order to select the best product for your travel needs, keep the following features in mind when reviewing your options:
Knowing your personal items are safe is key when traveling, and travel wallets and passport holders offer:
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Devices) material in RFID-blocking wallets prevent readers from picking up data in RFID-based credit cards and ID cards inside the wallet
- Easily accessible personal documents and items, safely and securely available in designated pockets for passport, ID and bank cards
- Convenient pockets which allow you to remove and replace boarding passes and other documents
- Credit card slots which give easy access without compromising security
- Zipped pockets for cash, coins, keys, USB, earphones, and life’s smaller necessities
- Secure placement on your person discourages pickpocketing and ‘snatch and grab’ thieves, particularly in crowded places.
Compact And Durable
Passport holders and travel wallets come in various types. You can choose between wristlet, clutch, pocket-sized, or waist-attachment.
All are easily stored and carried as well as:
- Easy and light to carry
Practical and durable need not mean that passport holders and travel wallets should not also be sophisticated, elegant, dapper or contemporary.
This fashionable travel gear has a range of features and designs, not limited to:
- Leather or fabric
- Easily cleaned and maintained
- Matching luggage in colour, material and design